World Petroleum Council Youth Committee
The energy of young people is a driving force for global sustainable development. This is an inexhaustible energy source that promotes innovation, out-of-the-box thinking and international cooperation between peers and senior experts in the energy field. The World Petroleum Council, aware of the importance of providing young professionals and students with an active seat at the table, launched the 1st WPC Youth Forum in China in 2004, the first activity in which young people have played a leading role in the WPC’s 80-year history.
In 2006 the WPC created the first WPC Youth Committee whose founding members laid out their structure on the following principles:
- Youth engaged in the petroleum industry to design a sustainable future
- Create and nurture a collaborative, global forum for young people to be heard;
- Champion new ideas within the petroleum industry;
- Promote a realistic image of the petroleum industry, its challenges and opportunities;
- Bridge the generation gap through mentorship networks.
- Social responsibility
- Environmental stewardship
- Technological innovation
- Long term thinking
Today members of the WPC Youth Committee include more than 20 young professionals aged 35 nominated by the WPC National Committees worldwide.
Key projects of the WPC Youth Committee for the cycle 2012-2014
• 4th WPC Youth Forum in Calgary (Canada) on 22-25 October 2013 (www.wpcyouthforum.com)
That will be the biggest event for the young people in energy supported by the WPC. Building on the theme “Unconventional Solutions for an Unconventional World”, the program committee has put together a robust conference consisting of presentations, plenaries, panel discussions and competitions. Topics will be both regional and global, offering a unique platform to celebrate and share successes and debate challenges
- Youth Programme at the 21st WPC Congress
- in Moscow (Russia) on 15-19 June 2014
- WPC Youth connect platform (www.wpcyouthconnect.com)
- WPC Youth Writing Fellows
- Guidelines for National Youth Committees
- WPC Mentoring Programme
- Youth Magazine
- Gender Issues
- Students & Youth Relations
Do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
And find out more on the WPC Youth Committee activities.